Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bio & Statement of Purpose

Hello, My name is Lourdes Moreno and I am 21 years old. I was born on September 19, 1988 which makes me a Virgo. I was born and raised here in Miami, Florida but my parents are both from Cuba. I love Miami, even though I would love to travel around the world. I have a 25 year old sister who is a Registered Nurse. I am very proud of her. I am also happily engaged to the love of my life and hope to be married after I graduate and form a beautiful family together. I have a pretty small family and we are always together sharing as many moments as possible. I am a very sweet person and I love to help people. I am the type of person that keeps things to herself until one day I explode. I have always been a spoiled little girl and I thank my parent’s everyday for everything that they have given me. Ever since I was little, I always wanted to be a teacher. I remember as I child I loved to play teacher, even if it was by myself. I remember I would beg my sister to be my student and she never wanted to play me. I changed my mind a few times but in the end, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I love kids and for some reason kids love me too. I have been working in a private school for a few years now and I love being around children. I love what I do and in order to help I would like to learn how to teach Special Education. I find it to be very interesting and at the same time I want to make a difference in those kid's lives. I believe that the reason that I became so interested in Special Education is because as I have observed these students, I have realized that most of them do not behave well because they can’t. I would like to help these kids overcome this problem and help them feel comfortable. I see those kids that just can’t stay in their seats and the more you scream at them the worse they get. They just can’t control themselves. It’s so sad! I have also been able to observe autistic children and children with down- syndrome. It is amazing how two children that have the same disability and act so differently. Very soon I hope to become a very successful teacher and continue doing what I love to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment