Friday, March 12, 2010

Reflection 10

Reflection #10
Taking this class has helped me learn a lot about what I plan to be in the future. This class has showed me how to do one of the most basic things that I need to know to become a teacher. That is how to do a lesson plan. Lesson planning is one of the most important parts of being a teacher because that is how you organize what you are going to teach your students. In this class I have learned about various types of lesson plans. I have learned about Behaviorist lesson plans which is basically where the teacher shows the students something specific and then gives the students something to work on that helps them practice what they just learned. This is probably the most common lesson plan. I also learned about Constructivist lesson plans. This lesson plan is basically when the teacher puts the students into groups and has the students research a particular subject and then each group has to do a presentation based on their findings. I personally like this one because it gives the students a chance to do some collaborative work and at the same learn something new. I also learned about the transpersonal approach to teaching. This approach is a mix between Behaviorist and Constructivist lesson plans which involves grouping of students and they learn about power and self identity as well. Apart from actual lesson plan methods I also learned how to explain to others what lesson planning is in general. By preparing hand outs and power point presentations I learned how to explain with information and pictures what lesson planning is. I also learned something very important in this class and that is my teaching my philosophy. This is because that way I have a better idea of how I should teach because it is what I believe in. By taking this class, I also learned that technology has advanced in such a way that now you can make a digital story. That means that you can record yourself or pictures and speak in order to read a story to your students instead of having to read an actual paper story. This is a very interesting and new method in which you can read effectively to your students. I also had the chance to learn about telecollaborative lessons in which students communicate with students from other parts of the world online and they do research on certain things and then they talk to each other about it. It is actually a very interesting way to learn because you are learning something new and meeting new people from other countries. I believe that taking this class has really helped become a better teacher and I am sure that I will use everything that I have learned in this class in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment